I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
From Media Trackers
If you listened to the chants on the steps of the state capital, one might believe that public employees are treated awfully poorly in
But the facts show otherwise. Public employees have a sweet deal in
· The Legislative Fiscal Bureau determined that the average compensation for a full-time
· According to the Department of Public Instruction, the average
But the wages do not tell the entire story. Because of the collective bargaining statute in
Upon examination of the 2008-2009 collective bargaining agreement between AFSCME Council 24 and the state of Wisconsin, one finds an abundance of these types of “sweetheart deals” that provide privilege and opportunity for public employees to earn compensation far above their wages.
· Pyramiding is the process whereby public employees can earn a payment of overtime (time and a half) in addition to the premium rate (time and a half) one earns for a holiday. For example, on days such as Martin Luther King Jr. Day, driver’s working overtime in the snow plows were making holiday pay (time and half) plus overtime pay (time and a half) for their long shifts during the blizzard. This amounts to 225% of normal wages on certain days. (page 58)
· Compensatory time continues to rollover and accumulate for public employees and if not used by a certain date is converted into a cash payment. (page 58)
· This particular contract allows public employees to be compensated for every mile beyond 18 miles between a worker’s residence and place of work. Therefore, if a worker is stuck in traffic in that final mile before he gets home, he can rack up compensation. (page 56)
· Public employees are eligible for a half hour’s wages for any work related phone call made outside of normal hours. (page 61)
This is just a small example of why
Media Trackers is a Wisconsin-based organization dedicated to media accountability, government transparency, and quality fact-based journalism.
Average MPS Compensation Tops $100k!