I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
-- From the Wisconsin Right to Life website http://www.wrtl.org/abortion/fastfacts.aspx
Abortion is the direct killing of a baby in a mother’s womb by ripping the baby apart, dismembering the baby, injecting a lethal substance into the baby or other similar means.
· The 1973 U.S. Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision made abortion legal in all 50 states.
· Abortion is legal in all 50 states for any reason for the full nine months of pregnancy.
· Only one abortion procedure – partial-birth abortion – is prohibited in the
· Over 53 million legal abortions have been performed in the
· Over 3,300 unborn babies die from abortion in the
· Over 92% of abortions are performed for social or “other” reasons – because the woman does not want to have the baby. Less than 1% of abortions are performed because the mother’s life is in danger or for cases of rape or incest.
· 64% of women report feeling pressured into having an abortion; women also report being forced to abort.
· 48% of abortions are repeat abortions -- the woman has already had one or more abortions.
· Approximately 80% of abortions are performed on unmarried women between the ages of 18-34.
· Women experience significant psychological and physical problems post abortion.
· 36% of all abortions in the
· Fathers have no legal rights to prevent their unborn children from being aborted.
· Babies suffer significant pain during an abortion procedure.
· Over 2 million couples each year are waiting to adopt a baby.