Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely young daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
Dressed in white, Pope Francis greeted a sea of Catholics carrying flags from around the world Sunday in his first Easter Mass as pope. Shortly after the Mass at St. Peter's Square, Francis delivered his Urbi et Orbi -- "to the city and the world" -- blessing from his papal balcony in the Vatican. The pope asked "the risen Jesus, who turns death into life," for peace in beleaguered parts of the world. Video: Vatican TV via CNN.
2) Pope Francis, left, embraces Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI as he arrives at the Castel Gandolfo summer residence March 23. Pope Francis traveled by helicopter from the Vatican to Castel Gandolfo for a private meeting with the former Pope Benedict XVI. Photo: Osservatore Romano via Reuters
3) Pope Francis prays on the floor during a Papal Mass with the Celebration of the Lord's Passion inside St Peter's Basilica on March 29, 2013 in Vatican City, Vatican. Pope Francis is taking part in his first holy week as pontiff and will later today preside over the Way Of the Cross procession at the Colosseum in Rome. Photo: Dan Kitwood / Getty Images
4) Christian worshippers carry a cross towards the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, traditionally believed by many to be the site of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, during the Good Friday procession in Jerusalem's Old City, Friday, March 29, 2013. Less than 2 percent of the population of Israel and the Palestinian territories is Christian, mostly split between Catholicism and Orthodox streams of Christianity. Christians in the West Bank wanting to attend services in Jerusalem must obtain permission from Israeli authorities. Israel's Tourism Ministry said it expects some 150,000 visitors in Israel during Easter week and the Jewish festival of Passover, which coincide this year. Photo: Sebastian Scheiner / AP
5) Polish Catholic devotees re-enact the "Way of the Cross" on Good Friday as part of Holy Week celebrations at the Kalwaria Wejherowska near Gdansk, northern Poland March 29, 2013. Holy Week is celebrated in many Christian traditions during the week before Easter. Photo: Kacper Pempel / Reuters
6) Jose Hernandez portrays Jesus as Catholic faithful gather at St. Vincent de Paul Parish, the first stop on the 29th annual 'Crucis Viviente,' on Good Friday. Coordinated by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee's Hispanic Ministry Office, performers from the Hispanic community reenacted the Stations of the Cross in Spanish. Journal Sentinel photos: Rick Wood
7) Pope Francis kisses the foot of a prisoner at Casal del Marmo youth prison on Thursday in Rome. Two young women were among 12 people whose feet Pope Francis washed and kissed at a traditional ceremony on Holy Thursday. It was the first time a pontiff has included females in the rite. Photo: Reuters
8) Film actor and director Antonio Banderas, second right, sings a song to the Virgin inside a church as he takes part as a penitent in the "Lagrimas and Favores" brotherhood in a Palm Sunday procession in Malaga on March 24, 2013. Photo: Jon Nazca / Reuters
9) A boy poses for a picture with people wearing costumes of famous sci-fi movie characters during the Canaan fair, which is part of the Holy Week events in Ayacucho, Peru, on March 28, 2013. Catholics around the world commemorate Jesus' crucifixion on Good Friday before celebrating his resurrection on Easter Sunday. Photo: Rodrigo Abd / AP
10) Ultra-Orthodox Jewish men burn leavened items before the Passover holiday in the ultra-Orthodox Jewish town of Bnei Brak, near Tel Aviv, Israel, March. 25. Photo: Oded Balilty / AP
11) Pro same-sex marriage activist Ryan Toney, 18, of Washington, D.C. stands in front of the Supreme Court in Washington D.C. on Wednesday. Photo: Pete Marovich / Zuma Press
12) A demonstrator holds a Bible while marching outside the Supreme Court in Washington, on March 26, as the court heard arguments on California's voter approved ban on same-sex marriage, Proposition 8. Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais / AP
13) Same-sex marriage supporters and same-sex marriage opponents argue their points in front of the US Supreme Court on March 26, in Washington, D.C. Photo: Saul Loeb / AFP - Getty Images
14) Protesters lay down on the entrance road to Creech Air Force Base, home to the Predator and Reaper drones, to block traffic to the base during an anti-drone demonstration on Wednesday in Indian Springs, Nev. Ten people were arrested during the demonstration which was held by the Nevada Desert Experience group that holds an annual peace walk over five days from Las Vegas to the Nevada National Security Site. Photo: Julie Jacobson / AP
15) Retired Navy officer Phil Frank waves to cars entering Creech Air Force Base, home of the Predator and Reaper drones, to show his support for troops as members of the Nevada Desert Experience group hold an anti-drone demonstration. Photo: Julie Jacobson / AP
16) Demonstrators are arrested while protesting school closings, March 27, 2013, in Chicago, Ill. About 50 people were cited and released after refusing to move from a street during a show of civil disobedience. More than 1,000 demonstrators held a rally and marched through downtown to protest a plan by the city to close more than 50 elementary schools. The city claims the closings are necessary to rein in a looming $1 billion budget deficit. The closings would shift about 30,000 students to new schools and leave more than 1,000 teachers with uncertain futures. Photo: Scott Olson / Getty Images
17) A picture released by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency on Tuesday shows Kim Jong Un speaking with female members of an artillery unit during his inspection of the landing and anti-landing drills of KPA Large Combined Units 324 and 287 and KPA Navy Combined Unit 597 at an undisclosed location on North Korea's east coast on March 25, 2013.
18) Toll collector Jacquie Dean waits for a vehicle at the Golden Gate Bridge toll plaza in San Francisco on March 26, 2013. The Golden Gate Bridge changed from manned tollbooths to a full electronic tolling system last Wednesday. Photo: Stephen Lam / Reuters. Marilyn Alvarado waves as she leaves her tollbooth, as the last human toll collector, early on Wednesday. Photo: Stephen Lam / Reuters.
19) Manfred Scharnowski takes a sip of tea before he takes a bath at Berlin's Wannsee lido, on March 29, 2013. The Strandbad Wannsee opened the annual swimming season this Friday with temperatures of 39 degrees Fahrenheit. Photo: Tobias Schwarz / Reuters
20) A child and father enjoy the cherry blossoms at the Chidorigafuchi Imperial Palace moat in Tokyo on March 24. Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi / AP
21) Farmer Donald O'Reilly searches for sheep or lambs trapped in a snow drift in the Aughafatten area of County Antrim, Northern Ireland on March 26. At least 140,000 homes and businesses in Northern Ireland were left without power over the weekend following heavy snowfall, causing snowdrifts of up to 5 metres (18 feet). O'Reilly makes a rescue. Photos: Cathal Mcnaughton / Reuters
22) Stella Ferruzola, 3, poses with a Blue Morpho butterfly on her nose at the Sensational Butterflies Exhibition at the Natural History Museum in London. Photo: Reuters
23) Charlie, a golden retriever with the world loudest bark according to Guinness World Record, barks at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney on Friday. Charlie owns the record with a bark registering at 113.1 decibels. Photo: Reuters
24) A fieldfare sits next to an apple in a snow-covered garden in Eichwalde, Germany, on March 26. Photo: Tim Brakemeier / AFP - Getty Images
25) A butterfly emerges from its chrysalis in the "Sensational Butterflies" exhibition at London's Natural History Museum on March 25. Photo: Oli Scarff / Getty Images
26) A young red-necked wallaby looks out of its mother's pouch at the zoo in Stralsund, Germany, on March 26. Photo: Stefan Sauer / AFP - Getty Images
27) A Rodrigues fruit bat hangs on a perch in the Masoala Rainforest Hall at the zoo in Zurich on March 26. Photo: Arnd Wiegmann / Reuters
28) Marquette players celebrate with Golden Eagles fans following their 71-61 win over Miami Thursday in the NCAA tournament. Photo: Image credit: Reuters
29) It was a different story on Saturday. Davante Gardner watches as Syracuse's James Southerland and Michael Carter-Williams celebrate their crushing win over Marquette, 55-39. Photo: Getty Images. Best photo of the day? MCT
30) Fans protect themselves from a bat accidentally thrown by Baltimore Orioles' DH Wilson Betemit at a spring training baseball game against the Boston Red Sox in Sarasota, Fl. Photo: Reuters
31) Simone Loysen, 10, holds her breath as she has her hair done backstage at the World Irish Dancing Championships in Boston, Mass., March 24. Photos: Jessica Rinaldi, Reuters
32) A sand sculptor works on a "Harry Potter"-themed sculpture as pieces are prepared for this year's Hollywood-themed annual Weston Sand Sculpture Festival on Tuesday, March 26, 2013, in Weston-super-Mare, England. Twenty award-winning sand sculptors from around the globe are working to create sand sculptures including Harry Potter, Marilyn Monroe and characters from the "Star Wars" films as part of the town's movie-themed festival on the beach, which was due to open on Good Friday. Photo: Matt Cardy / Getty Images
33) Actress Tilda Swinton performs the art of sleeping in her one-person piece called "The Maybe," in New York's Museum of Modern Art, Monday, March 25, 2013. In "The Maybe," first performed at the Serpentine Gallery in London in 1995, Swinton lies sleeping in a glass box for the day. The exhibit will move locations within the museum every time Swinton performs. Photos: Richard Drew / AP
34) Saudi youths demonstrate a stunt known as "sidewall skiing" in the northern Saudi Arabian city of Hail on March 30. Performing stunts such as sidewall skiing and drifts is a popular hobby among Saudi youths. Photo: Mohamed Al Hwaity / Reuters
35) A Palestinian boy stands on a bed of nails during a class at the Red Dragon martial arts club in Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip on Friday. Dozens of boys from 8 to 15 years of age are part of the club. Photo: Reuters
The story of Katelyn Norman and her friends and some great photos.