I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
Life Threatening Cold Air to Grip Wisconsin 1/4/14 to 1/7/14-
The National Weather Service says cold air will begin pouring into Wisconsin Saturday night and into Sunday. The coldest stretch will be Sunday night through Tuesday. Exposure to extreme cold can lead to frostbite and life threating hypothermia.
Stay Warm! Stay inside if possible. Avoid exposure to the extreme cold!
Dress for the Weather:
• Wear several layers of loose fitting, lightweight, warm clothing rather than one layer of heavy clothing.
• Wear mittens, which are warmer than gloves, and wear a hat.
• Cover your mouth with a scarf to protect your lungs.
• Keep dry. Change wet clothing frequently to prevent a loss of body heat.
If you must be outside in the cold:
•Travel in the day, don’t travel alone.
•Let someone know where you are headed and when you expect to return.
• Make a car survival kit including blankets, sleeping bags, extra clothing, and high-energy foods
• Be sure your vehicle’s fuel tank is at least half-full and the battery is charged.
• Do not touch metal surfaces with uncovered hands – flesh will freeze immediately to the surface.
• Do not drink alcohol before participating in an outdoor activity – it can reduce your brain’s ability to recognize your body’s warning when it becomes too cold
For more information please go to: http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather