I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
This is the statement that Police Chief Thomas D. Poellot read during the
From Cudahy Chief of Police Thomas D. Poellot
- I disagree with the statement that Judge Zodrow and I have a dispute over the Police Department cutting off his access to our records management system.
January 1, 2009the Police Department went to a records management system called Pro Phoenix from Enforcer system. The Court has chosen to go with a records management system call Tipss. We are actually in agreement that there should be autonomy between Municipal Court and the Police Department.
- This issue is that the Judge states that he needs an additional part-time court clerk to assist in processing tickets. He states that to properly process the parking tickets he needs that additional person. I’ve told him that I would support him in obtaining that additional help.
- The dispute he and I are having is how to handle things until he gets that help. The Municipal Court is currently receiving assistance from a Police Clerk. I believe that the Judge should continue to take that assistance until he can put his own process in place. Believe me, we don’t need his work, we have enough of our own work to do. My point is that we have to keep the process functional until we come up with a solution.
- Holding a box hostage of an estimated 500 plus parking tickets that are only waiting the Judges signature is unbelievable to me. I’ve told the Judge that I believe that his is trying to play hardball with the financial component to compel the city to provide him his additional clerk. His response was that the conventional means were not working.
- Moths ago we discussed at a Blockwatch meeting that Mayor McCue has told the Judge in the past that all the Judge had to do is raise the ticket fees $5.00 to pay for the additional clerk. A few months ago you all heard him agree to do that at one of these meetings. His additional clerk had been approved.
I knew that the complaints of
The operation of the