Girls tennis: Mariners achieve .500 week; could get Dieter-Saskowski back for WIAA competition
St. Francis split four duals and learned No. 1 singles player Sam Dieter-Saskowski could return for WIAA tournament competition.
The Mariners beat Shorewood on Sept. 17, 4-3, in the completion of a match suspended Aug. 23 suspended by rain. They lost to Wauwatosa West, 6-1, Sept. 18, bounced back Sept. 19 to beat West Allis, 6-1, and lost to New Berlin Eisenhower, 5-2, Sept. 20.
Coach Mike Scherman said Dieter-Saskowski hyperextended her left knee during the Wauwatosa West match. Scherman said Dieter-Saskowski could return for a WIAA subsectional meet Tuesday, Oct. 2.
Franceska Gosselin moved up to No. 2 singles against West Allis and won in straight sets. She won her earlier matches at No. 3 singles. The No. 2 doubles team of Mel Franken and Cora Hemmer won twice. At No. 3 doubles, Katie Hoffman won twice, with Jade Ertel against Shorewood and with Ashley Bieske against West Allis Hale / Central.
Liz McGeary played No. 1 singles against West Allis Hale / Central and won in straight sets.
The Mariners began play in the Woodland Conference Tournament on Sept. 25.
- South Shore police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- South Shore police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs
- South Shore police report: July 7, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 2, 2016 issue