Classes/curriculum: focus on curriculum mapping, kindergarten through eighth-grade writing and classroom management
Teachers: Brooke Shapiro, art teacher, Willow Glen Primary School; Phil Batkins, eighth grade, Deer Creek Intermediate School; Jessee Erickson, school counselor, Deer Creek; Elizabeth Lewis, music, Deer Creek; Jamie Orlowski, special education, Deer Creek; Vanessa Zampardi, special education, Deer Creek; Brandon Blahnikm, social studies, St. Francis High School; Emily Kingsley, special education, SFHS; Daniel Kolesari, math, SFHS; Paul Oestreich, music, SFHS; Shannon Turinski, school counselor, SFHS
Fees: Lunch prices have increased by 10 cents. In kindergarten through sixth-grade, lunches are $1.75 and from grades seven to 12, they are $2.
Policies: Wisconsin Student Immunization Law requires one dose of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis vaccine (tdap) for student entering sixth , ninth and 12th grades. Two doses of varicella vaccine to prevent chickenpox outbreaks are required for students entering kindergarten, sixth and 12th grades.
Meals: A pilot breakfast program will launch at Deer Creek Intermediate and Willow Glen Primary schools. St. Francis' breakfast program will be offered free of charge or at a reduced price to children in the free and reduced-cost lunch program. Other children will pay about $1.
- South Shore police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- South Shore police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs
- South Shore police report: July 7, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 2, 2016 issue