The Rockets got off to a promising start in their WIAA Division 1 regional semifinal at Milwaukee Custer on March 3, but could not sustain it.
Custer erased a seven-point, first-quarter deficit and went on to a 50-37 victory.
The Cougars regrouped to take a 20-16 halftime lead and pushed away to a 37-22 lead after three quarters.
Andrew Windler led the Rockets (4-17) with 17 points.
Milwaukee North rolled to a big early lead and coasted to a 71-38 victory over the visiting Packers in a WIAA Division 2 regional quarterfinal March 3.
North held a 20-8 lead after the first quarter and built it to 33-18 by halftime. North added 24 points in the third quarter to make the score 57-33.
Teontae Morgan led Cudahy (5-16) with 13 points.
Milwaukee Lutheran broke open the game in the second quarter of its 71-30 victory over the visiting Mariners in a WIAA Division 2 regional quarterfinal March 3.
Milwaukee Lutheran pushed away from an 11-10 lead with a 20 -point second quarter that gave the Red Knights a 31-19 halftime advantage. Milwaukee Lutheran boosted the lead to 45-25 after three quarters.
Alde Selenica led the Mariners (2-19) with nine points.
- Jerry Karpowicz,
- Champion Shorewood girls basketball team beats Cudahy, 66-57
- Lions lose tourney contest in seventh inning
- Local coach, players boost fortunes of MATC baseball (4)
- Gradinjan caps incredible career
- Late bloomer Wattawa takes Woodland by storm (5)
- WIAA Girls Basketball: Bauman her typical dominant self vs. Cudahy
- WIAA Girls Basketball: Gradinjan overcomes injury to deliver game winner
- Football: Woodland battle goes to Lions
- Football: Brick, Greendale cap off banner season
- Football: Whitnall holds off Cudahy in a thriller (1)