The Packers opened their season with hot hitting and a pair of victories.
They won at South Milwaukee, 11-8, April 7, and beat visiting Greenfield, 5-1, the following day.
Cudahy led, 3-0, then overcame deficits of 5-3 and 7-4 by scoring seven runs in the sixth for an 11-8 victory over South Milwaukee.
"It was just hit after hit," Cudahy coach Justin Biever said of the big inning.
Alisa Damitz, Brittany Kluczykowski and Kelly Glavin each had two hits for the Packers. Kluczykowski drove in two runs.
"Everybody hit the ball well," Biever said. "We had 14 hits in the game; same with Greenfield. Everybody had a hit except one girl."
The Packers, who had eight hits against Greenfield, scored three runs in the fourth to take a 3-1 lead. They added singles run in the fifth and sixth.
Sam Homa allowed eight hits, struck out four and walked three.
"We're hitting the ball pretty well," Biever said. "We're scoring runs, so that helps.
"We're feeling real good."
Cudahy scored seven runs in the fifth inning and defeated South Milwaukee, 11-8, April 7 in the opener for both schools.
The Rockets had a 5-3 lead after three innings and took a 7-4 lead into the sixth. Amanda Blochowicz had three hits and drove in two runs, and Kristin Molenda had two hits and two RBIs. Robyn Primrose also had two hits for the Rockets.
On April 8, Franklin held the Rockets to two hits in an 11-0, five-inning loss.
Amanda Scherbarth provided the lone bright spot during a 0-3 week for the Mariners. She had a triple and three RBIs in an 18-8 loss to Milwaukee Hamilton on April 7.
On April 8, the Mariners were held to two hits in an 11-0 loss at Greendale.
On April 7, Kayla Schlegel of New Berlin Eisenhower struck out 14 of the 15 batter she faced in a 17-0 no-hitter against St. Francis.
- Jerry Karpowicz,
- Champion Shorewood girls basketball team beats Cudahy, 66-57
- Lions lose tourney contest in seventh inning
- Local coach, players boost fortunes of MATC baseball (4)
- Gradinjan caps incredible career
- Late bloomer Wattawa takes Woodland by storm (5)
- WIAA Girls Basketball: Bauman her typical dominant self vs. Cudahy
- WIAA Girls Basketball: Gradinjan overcomes injury to deliver game winner
- Football: Woodland battle goes to Lions
- Football: Brick, Greendale cap off banner season
- Football: Whitnall holds off Cudahy in a thriller (1)