The Healing Center will host the Bay View Fox Run, 5K Run/Walk, to raise money for survivors of sexual violence, while celebrating the beauty of Bay View. Generously sponsored by Anodyne Coffee Roasting Co., Johnsonville Brats, and Fix Development Inc., this family-friendly 5K will take place at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2011 along the shores of Lake Michigan at South Shore Park. Race day registration will begin at 8:30am.
Runners and walkers are encouraged to pre-register at www.bayviewfoxrun.webs.com to receive a discounted price of $20 for adults and $5 for children, 14 years and under. Athletes may also register on race day. Kids 10 and under can also participate in a 100 meter dash for $5, race-day registration only. For more information, please contact Stephanie Shabangu at 414.671.4325, ext. 407 or Stephanie.Shabangu@aurora.org.
This run/walk will benefit The Healing Center, a non-profit organization that offers free counseling, group therapy and bilingual advocacy to uninsured and underinsured members of the community. The Healing Center reaches out to community members through workshops, presentations and health fairs. They also create an opportunity for clients to participate in movement classes and alternative therapy treatments.
For more information about this event or The Healing Center, please contact Stephanie Shabangu at 414.671.4325, ext. 407 or by email: Stephanie.Shabangu@aurora.org
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar