MILWAUKEE – The Southeastern Wisconsin Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) has awarded Bay View resident John Gardner, senior account executive at Zeppos & Associates, Incorporated in Milwaukee, three Paragon awards for outstanding work in 2010. Zeppos & Associates earned 10 awards for various client projects.
Gardner won an Award of Merit in the category of special events for planning and successfully executing a visit from President Barack Obama that generated widespread media coverage and worldwide exposure for a local start-up solar energy company. He also won an Award of Merit in the category of media relations for generating a front-page story in Wisconsin’s largest daily newspaper highlighting the first day of classes at the Art Institute of Wisconsin. Gardner’s final award was an Award of Merit in the category of special events for coordinating the Art Institute of Wisconsin’s grand opening celebration during Milwaukee's Gallery Night that attracted hundreds of attendees, including elected officials and community and business leaders to mark the occasion of the school’s arrival to Milwaukee.
“John continues to grow with our firm and provide a high level of client service,” said Evan Zeppos, a Bay View native and president of the firm. “His dedicated work ethic constantly exceeds client expectations and reflects his commitment to our team.”
Gardner joined Zeppos & Associates in 2005 and is responsible for providing strategic counsel, as well as leading and directing client projects. Before joining Zeppos & Associates, Gardner served as public relations manager for a national non-profit healthcare organization. Gardner, a native of Wisconsin Rapids and current resident of Milwaukee’s Bay View neighborhood, holds a Bachelor of Science degree in communications with an emphasis in public relations from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
The 2010 Milwaukee-area PRSA Paragon Awards, honoring strategic and creative excellence in public relations, were announced at a ceremony on May 19, at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.
Zeppos & Associates, Incorporated, is ranked as one of the top independent public relations firms in the nation. The firm, located in Downtown Milwaukee, provides public relations and government affairs services to a diverse group of local, national and international clients. More information about Zeppos & Associates and its staff can be found at www.zeppos.com.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar