Inspired by a vision of full inclusion of people with disabilities in every aspect of our community, IndependenceFirst is proud to present its 2011 Juried Art Exhibition featuring the works of artist Gregory Martens. Touring Myeloma, a series of screen prints on paper, explores the artist’s journey after being diagnosed with aggressive bone marrow cancer in 2005. Martens describes the series of 13 prints as “a story of one man trying to hold on to his identity through adversity.”
Martens, a printmaker, book artist and ceramic sculptor, received a BFA in printmaking from UW-Milwaukee in 2009 and is a regular exhibitor of his works, having pieces collected across North and South America.
The Exhibition will be on display at IndependenceFirst:
October 1 – October 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Gallery Night Reception will be held:
October 21 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!