COMMUNITY SPIRIT PARK - Milwaukee's Cathedral Square Park was transformed into a community spirit park Saturday, November 12th, thanks to help from hundreds of students. Art students from more than 60 area high schools, middle schools and elementary schools schools have been busy making ornaments for the Community Art Project “Community Spirit Park” which is on display in downtown Milwaukee!
Cudahy elementary students from Park View, General Mitchell and J.E. Jones participated this season. The schools involved each were responsible for decorating one tree, and each school had a theme. Park View, J.E. Jones and General Mitchell. Themes include: Park View is “All Red”; J.E. Jones is “Starry”; General Mitchell has a “Birds” theme.
There are 72 trees available for all schools in Milwaukee county to submit for a tree. School District of Cudahy had three trees, one for each elementary school. This will be the third year for J.E Jones and Park View to decorate a tree, General Mitchell will have their first appearance this year. This event is a community art project to reflect students work in Milwaukee county.
This display will have a sign for each school and will end on January 2nd.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival