The City of Cudahy has been notified by the US Postal Service that the Packard Plaza Shopping Center will be the next location for the city's post office.
According to City Comptroller Jim Williamson, the post office will occupy the store vacated last year by Quality Candy. It has not been determined when the Cudahy post office will move from its present location at the corner of East Plankinton and South Packard avenues.
Packard Plaza was among four locations considered. The others were: Whitnall Square; along Pennsylvania avenue; and Ramsey and Packard.
The increase in traffic expected to be generated by the new post office should be a benefit to the moribund plaza, which has been plagued by vacancies over the past few years.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival