Groovy Movie Nites are back, as outdoor movies return to downtown South Milwaukee for three Thursdays in August.
The shows will be held on Thursday, August 2, 9 and 16 following the South Milwaukee Downtown Market near the corner of 11th and Milwaukee Avenues.
Here is the family-friendly lineup, with all movies beginning at dusk, around 8:15 p.m.:
• August 2: Tangled
• August 9: The Smurfs
• August 16: The Wizard of Oz
Feel free to show up early to get a good spot. The Downtown Market – with its dozens of vendors selling organics, produce, arts, crafts, baked goods and prepared foods – runs from 3 to 7 p.m. And music and games are scheduled before each movie at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets, and your family and friends.
“It’s great to bring an event like this downtown – and outdoor movies are a natural fit,” said Alderwoman Lisa Pieper. “The movies were a big hit last year, and our sponsors really stepped up to bring this family-friendly entertainment back for a second season.”
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- Paul Degner, Elkhorn Area School District, Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- JB’s on 41 Raises Funds in August for Brightening Veterans Lives (BVL) Charity