Milwaukee – A coalition of businesses, artists, musicians and local organizations will join Sunday for a community benefit for the three children of a Milwaukee woman murdered July 14 in a domestic violence incident.
The CREATE Awareness event will raise money for the children of Maggie Litwicki, who was stabbed to death, allegedly by her boyfriend. The benefit will be held from 3 to 10 p.m. at Café Centraal, 2306 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., Bay View.
More than 65 volunteers, businesses and organizations will combine talents, energy and generosity at the CREATE Awareness Event, which will also shine a spotlight on the problem of domestic violence. Teri Jendusa-Nicolai, who gained national attention after nearly dying from a brutal attack in 2004 by her ex-husband, will speak at 7 p.m.
Litwicki’s three children, one of whom is autistic, are being raised by their grandparents. All proceeds from donations, auctions and artist performances will benefit the children.
Artists will be creating paintings during the event to be sold at a live auction. Gift certificates from local and national businesses, artwork and other items will be available in a silent auction.
Community agencies that deal with domestic violence will be present to help attendees recognize the signs and sometimes hidden dangers of this societal problem. Milwaukee native Alex Wilson, whose band has played to worldwide acclaim, headlines live music that begins at 5 p.m.
“We invite the community to the CREATE Awareness Event to join their neighbors in taking a stand against domestic violence,” said Neda Stevic, the event’s lead organizer. “Our goal is not only to raise money to help three children who are also victims of Maggie Litwicki’s senseless death, but to help people recognize the red flags that might prevent someone they love from becoming the next domestic violence statistic.”
Donations of both money and silent auction items for the CREATE Awareness Event are welcomed. Interested donors can contact Stevic at (414) 759-5877 or email@example.com. More information is available at /http://www.facebook.com/events/462567237121456/.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar