SOUTH MILWAUKEE – The South Milwaukee Downtown Market is celebrating families as it brings its fourth season to an end.
The market’s Fall Family Festival returns on Thursday, Oct. 11, at the South Milwaukee farmers’ market, located at 11th and Milwaukee Avenues. Hours are 3 to 7 p.m.
Besides the usual lineup of market vendors, the event will feature free children’s activities like pumpkin carving, apple bobbing, face painting and vendor trick-or-treating. Student volunteers from St. Thomas More High School will help run the event.
“This is a great way to finish off another successful season,” said Jim Shelenske, South Milwaukee’s city clerk and market co-founder. “We are always trying to bring special events to the farmers’ market, and this is another example of that. We’re a family-friendly market, and we’re proud to offer family fun at activities like this.”
The Fall Festival brings the fourth season of the Downtown Market to a close after another season of growth. During the height of the summer, more than 60 vendors regularly set up at the event selling produce, organics, baked goods, prepared food, arts and crafts. The market also features weekly live music, including three concerts presented by the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center. Family-friendly outdoor movies also returned following three markets in August, and the market brought back its Health Fair, presented by South Shore Family Chiropractic, in September.
“We’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as one of the region’s top farmers’ markets, and we think we’re there,” said South Milwaukee Alderman Erik Brooks, co-founder of the market. “Of course, we always have plans to get bigger and better, but we’ve come a long way since we launched in 2009. The future is bright.”
Vendors Sought for Dec. 8 Christmas Market
The South Milwaukee Downtown Market is bringing back its Christmas Market at a new location: South Milwaukee High School. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 8. Vendors interested in participating can access an application at the market website: www.smmarket.org. Cost is $30 per booth. Stay tuned for more details.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival