S.M. Wrestling team finished strong last Saturday at the annual E.H. Stech Invitational at West Allis Central. Top wrestlers from the area took the matt for a chance at getting to the podium.
Tommy Mitchell was crowned the champion at 182 pounds, holding on to a 8-6 decision over rival Devine Burt from Tosa.
Three wrestlers finished 3rd. Stuart Swanson(152) edged out state ranked Connor Price from Muskego in a heartbreaker, 5-4. Ben Zbikowski(160), held on to beat Daniel Peyer from Franklin, 3-2, in what was a rematch from last years Sectionals in which Peyer beat Zbikowski in the final seconds for a berth to the State Tournament. Kenny Senner(220), overpowered Joe Zizzo from Germantown with a 21-7 major decision.
Josh Wilkowski(170), was edged out of 3rd place by falling to Kirk Zylke from Mukwonago in a 3-2 decision.
Head Coach Joel Schilling was very happy with the boys performance. The finalists only lost one match on Saturday, a great accomplishemnt in such a tough tournament.
S.M. finished in 8th place with 106 points, one point shy of 7th place behind Whitefish Bay. This is only the second top ten finish for S.M. wrestlers at the Stech tournament. They did so even without a full line-up of wrestlers.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival