"Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?" by South Milwaukee author Janet Halfmann is a finalist for the 2012 Cybils awards in the Nonfiction Picture Book category.
The judges described the book this way: "Is it a counting book, is it a poetry book, is it an informational picture book (the category for which it is nominated), is it a pattern book, does it allow for predicting and inferring, or is it a book full of wonderful language? Delightfully for the reader, it is all of the above! Janet Halfmann has done a lovely job teaching the reader about different animals and the eggs from which they come."
Eggs 1, 2, 3 is a lift-the-flap book for children ages 2-6. It is Illustrated by Betsy Thompson, and published by Blue Apple Books.
The Cybils are the annual literary awards of a large community of internet bloggers who discuss children’s and young adult books. The books are judged on literary merit and kid appeal. The winners will be announced on Valentine’s Day.
You can find out more about Janet’s books here:
You can find the entire Cybils review of Eggs 1, 2, 3 here:
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival