Get your child on the right track this winter. The St. Francis Library is offering free storytimes for young children. Registration is now open by phone or in person. Our combination of imaginative stories, music, fingerplays, flannel board stories, puppets, art projects, and more will spark your child’s imagination. Each storytime matches your child’s developmental level, attention span, and interests, to promote a love of literature and creativity.
Toddler Time for 2-3 year olds consists of simple, engaging activities and is an introduction to sitting with a group. It is scheduled for Wednesdays at 10:15-10:45 a.m., plus an optional playtime. Preschool storytime for 3 -6 year olds immerses your child in an enjoyable, interactive literary experience. Children can gain prereading skills to get them started reading. They are held on Tuesdays from 10:15-11 a.m. If evening works better, Pajamarama wraps your child in a big “reading blanket”. It meets on Mondays from 6-6:45 pm., and kids are invited to wear their pajamas. Tot Time is a time for kids to play together with toys, games, snacks, circle time, and activities. It’s a great social time to share with other kids and adults. Join us on Fridays from 9-11 a.m. All programs begin the week of September 10, 2012.
Please call the library for a complete schedule and more information, at (414) 481-7323. The address of the St. Francis Library is 4230 S. Nicholson Ave. The website is http://www.mcfls.org/stfrancis.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival