Last year's Fun French Immersion Camp proved to be just that- fun! So much so that on the first day of the 2 hour long day camp, students were begging to stay longer. Throughout the three day camp students announced freely "I wish this camp were longer", "This is fun! Why do we have to leave?", and "I wish we were here four hours a day instead of two! It feels like a half hour, not two hours."
Aside from the fun students were having, they were also learning French, a lot of French. Children who had never studied French before were speaking and understanding French within the first five minutes. And, at the end of camp, these same students were able to recite the French alphabet, count up to 50, have basic conversations, as well as write and say a paragraph all about their lives and their interests. This was after a total of only 6 hours worth of French. Through our fun and engaging teaching method, children were able to learn almost an entire semester's worth of French, in less than one week.
At popular student request this year's Fun French Immersion Camp has been extended and expanded. The 2013 camp will have more content including the children writing and performing their own dramatic work- in French. No, camp will still 'only' be two hours long, but camp has been expanded from 3 days to 10. If new students last year were all able to learn so much in three days, just imagine how much your child could learn in two weeks!
This summer's French Immersion Camp is held at the Academy of Classical Ballet on Lake Drive. Registration begins in February for this camp, but don't wait! Spaces for this popular camp are limited. Learn more at www.milwaukeekidsdance.com by clicking on the "Summer" link.
Please note that this is not a dance camp, this is a French language camp. To participate in summer dance classes be sure to sign up for ACB's Enrollment Day (ages 5 and up). Children under the age of five are not required to participate in Enrollment Day, and may simply be registered for the summer dance class of their choice.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival