A Cudahy High School graduate – Alyssa Gerek– is a recipient of a college scholarship from Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation.
The mutual company has awarded 56 scholarships to southeastern Wisconsin high school graduates, who are children of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. The scholarship winners were chosen based on a number of criteria, including class rank, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, extracurricular involvement and employment history.
“Alyssa has demonstrated consistently strong leadership in both the classroom and the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “The financial support from the company is not only an investment in each recipient’s future, but it’s also an investment in our future community leaders.”
Since 1994, Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, has invested in the community with upwards of $6.1 million in scholarships to 742 high school graduates, all family sons or daughters of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. Students must enroll for full-time study at an accredited college, university or vocational/technical school. They are eligible to renew the scholarship for the remainder of their college career.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival