Music will be bloomin’ this Saturday when the Mil Town Treblemakers take the stage for their Spring Concert. The a cappella women’s group will sing hits from Mumford and Sons, Whitney Houston, The Beatles, The Jackson 5, Sara Bareilles, and more—all performed without instruments!
There will be two FREE concerts, 2 pm and 7 pm Saturday, April 27, Marian Center for the Performing Arts, 3195 South Superior St, Milwaukee (enter at southwest corner). Refreshments will be available, and a CD of the show will be on sale.
Locally known as winners of CBS's "Just Ten Minutes" Superbowl Contest, these ladies are friends from all walks of life. These twenty-somethings currently work in the community as some of Milwaukee's teachers, artists, and small business owners.
The girlfriends, many of whom are alums of South Milwaukee High School, formed the group in the Fall of 2009 as an excuse to get together to do something that they love. The Mil Town Treblemakers sing a wide variety of tunes—from oldies, to pop, to musical theatre, all original arrangements in a fresh a cappella style.
Listen to an interview with the group on Lake Effect, 10 to 11 am, April 25. (WUWM Milwaukee Public Radio 89.7)
Donations accepted at the door the day of the shows. For more info, go to miltowntreblemakers.com
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival