In honor of Harley Davidson’s 110th anniversary, Howard Village senior community, 2500 E. Howard Avenue, will host a variety of activities dedicated to the legendary motorcycle company that is a hallmark of Milwaukee. Howard Village will kick off the month of August with a door decorating contest and design black and orange Harley Davidson necklaces to wear at their much anticipated Harley parade.
On Tuesday, August 6th, there will be a viewing of the movie, “Wild Hogs”. This will be followed by a parade of the Milwaukee HOG chapter, which will depart from the House of Harley, 6221 W. Layton Avenue, in Milwaukee at 6:30 pm. The St. Francis police department will lead off the parade along with Sparky, the mascot from the St. Francis fire department. The parade will conclude in the parking lot at Howard Village, where the seniors and their families will greet the Harley riders for photos, refreshments and a special game of Harley Bingo. There will also be a deejay and dancing.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group community and offers independent and assisted living apartments. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival