GemEx Systems, the company that invented the BrillianceScope analyzer -- a device that accurately measures a diamond’s light performance -- has a terrific gift idea for you. If you want to buy a diamond for that special person in your life, or if you already own one, the company can engrave the table (or top) of your diamond with customized graphics. The GemEx Ion is the Mequon company’s hyper-personalized diamond engraving process that can do the job.
“The diamond can be engraved with a special Christmas, Valentine’s Day, engagement or anniversary message, for example,” explains Randall Wagner, GemEx’s president. “The image will be invisible to the naked eye but can be seen with a special, conveniently-sized holographic diamond viewer that we’ve also created,” he says.
“Our engraving process can also turn a diamond that is already owned into a keepsake or heirloom. For instance, a woman wearing a diamond ring that was her grandmother’s can have her grandmother’s photo engraved on the diamond.”
Consumers wanting to take advantage of the service can electronically send a desired image or message to GemEx. The company in turn will process it and send it back to the consumer for approval. After they’ve approved it, they or their jeweler will send their diamond to Gemex to be engraved. “Our turnaround time is less than a week,” says Wagner.
“Our new service involves ion beam marking of diamonds and other gemstones. It’s a unique and safe way to provide a permanent mark on the table of cut and polished gemstones.
“And equally as important, the GemEx Ion process will make it possible for consumers to prove ownership of their diamond if it is ever stolen, lost, or sent in for repair. So, in addition to personalizing it, they also are protecting themselves if anything ever happens to the stone.”
The ion beam process creates a clear mark on the table that does not interfere with the refractive light or fire of the diamond or other gemstone. “It’s a gentle process,” he says. “The focused ion beam mark is machined atom by atom on the table and polishes the surface at a depth of only 20 nanometers. It’s highly controllable. And, focused ion beam technology provides an exceptionally fine resolution.” According to Wagner, focused ion beam table marking is the height of high tech and elegant craftsmanship for diamonds.
For more information about GemEx Ion contact GemEx Systems, 262-242-1111, or visit them on the web: www.gemex.com.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar