A Community Lecture Series is coming to South Milwaukee's Trinity Lutheran Church, and they've scheduled their first two speakers: noted local historian John Gurda on Sept. 22, and award-winning local children’s author Janet Halfmann on Nov. 3.
Both Sunday events start at 4 p.m., to be followed by a simple supper, and they are free and open to the public.
Gurda has authored 19 books on local history and will bring his “Making of Milwaukee” book and television documentary to life with a fascinating examination of the people, places and events that have shaped the Milwaukee area.
Halfmann, who lives in South Milwaukee, has authored more than a dozen children’s books, including critically acclaimed titles like “Little Skink’s Tale,” “Fur and Feathers,” “Star of the Sea: A Day in the Life of a Starfish” and “Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?” She will speak about her journey to becoming an author and share tips of for aspiring writers.
Both authors will also sell and sign copies of their books.
Trinity Lutheran is located at 2507 5th Ave. in South Milwaukee. Learn more at www.tlcsm.org.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival