Woonsup Choi, assistant professor in UWM’s Geography Dept., will inaugurate the 2013-14 “UWM’s Academic Adventurer’s” lecture series on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013.
The title of his presentation is "Restoration of Small Waterways in Seoul."
Other presentations in the series are
Friday, January 21, 2014, Dr. Frederick Nelson, Adjunct Professor, UWM Dept. of Geography, and AGS Councilor: "Many Are Cold, But Few Are Frozen: Permafrost and Life in the North.”
Friday, February 14, 2014, Tim Hathaway, UWM Center for International Education: "Falling In and Out of Love with China: An American Voice in China’s Print Media."
Friday, March 7, 2014, Margaret Fraiser, Associate Professor, UWM Dept. of Geosciences: "A Global Geologic Exploration of Life after Earth’s Largest Mass Extinction."
Academic Adventurers talks begin at 3 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, third floor, east wing of the Golda Meir Library.
A reception with light refreshments, sponsored by the Friends of the Golda Meir Library, follows each talk.
For more information or special needs, call 414-229-6282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar