St. Lucas Ev. Lutheran Church, 2605 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue, gives away food baskets during the Thanksgiving season to neighbors who could use a little extra help.
Food baskets typically include powdered milk, cereal (either hot or cold), canned fruit, peanut butter, jelly, canned soup, instant potatoes, canned vegetables, a small turkey, and other useful food items.
“If a food basket would make things easier for you this Thanksgiving season, please pick up a food basket at our church,” said Peter Unnasch, pastor at St. Lucas.
To reserve your food basket, please contact the St. Lucas Church office at 414-483-9122 ext. 1 by Friday, Nov. 15.
All food baskets need to be picked up on Saturday, Nov. 23, between 10 and 11 a.m. at St. Lucas Church. Don’t forget, you must reserve a basket by Friday, Nov. 15.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar