Listen to an interactive presentation about Amtrak and the National Park Service’s Trails & Rails program at the Oak Creek Public Library, on January 7, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
This informative presentation will be given by National Park Service volunteers and authors, Robert & Kandace Tabern. The Taberns volunteer on Amtrak's Southwest Chief for approximately 300 miles between Chicago, Illinois and La Plata, Missouri, and provide commentary about the natural and historical features along the route for passengers.
In addition to being the coordinators of the Southwest Chief Trails & Rails program, the pair has written a 219-page book about the interesting natural and historical features of the Southwest Chief train route, titled Outside the rails: a rail route guide from Chicago to La Plata, MO.
- New Play Initiative: A New Commission by Regina Taylor
- Vanishing Point
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat