Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin to host Advanced Manufacturing Forum prior to Annual Gala
Join the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin (HCCW) at their 1st Annual HCCW Advanced Manufacturing Forum on Saturday, January 18 at 2 p.m., followed by the 24th annual gala and auction from 5 p.m. to midnight. Both events will take place at the Potawatomi Casino Expo Center located at 1721 W. Canal Street. Gov. Scott Walker, Mayor Tom Barrett, U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin, and U.S. Senator Ron Johnson have been invited to the forum and gala.
For the first time, the statewide Hispanic Chamber will host the HCCW Advanced Manufacturing Forum to bring together manufacturers and lawmakers to discuss collaborative strategies to solve the skilled labor shortage. This event is part of the HCCW’s Advanced Manufacturing Partnership’s Hispanic Training Initiative, a collaboration between the HCCW, manufacturers, technical colleges, workforce development boards, and other community leaders throughout the state invested in solving the skilled labor shortage through essential skills training and technical skills development with related support system programming.
This year’s gala theme, “VISION FOR A NEW FUTURE” brings the community together to celebrate accomplishments and share in rich Hispanic culture and experience along with the growing powerful influence of Hispanic commerce and community. The evening will conclude with dancing and live entertainment, including special performances by the colorful Aztec Dancers of the ‘Ballet Folklorico Nacional’ (Escamilla Entertainment & Dance Studio) as well as the Gifted Souls Milwaukee Dance Company and Escamilla Entertainment and Dance Studio.
Several community partners will also be recognized for their work in the Wisconsin Hispanic community:
• Hispanic Business of the Year: Wangard Partners, Inc., Stewart Wangard
• Hispanic Small Business of the Year: MiVoz.com, Andrew Barrutia
• Hispanic Start-Up of the Year: Chocobella LLC, Karimar & Luis Mendez
• HCCW Manufacturer of the Year: Miller Electric Mfg. Co., Appleton WI
This event is open to the public age 18 and older. Tickets to the gala are $150 per person, or $1,000 for a table of eight, and can be ordered by using the following form.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival