The St. Francis Citizen of the Year is selected on the basis of their involvement in civic, religious, and community service endeavors and their unselfish giving of time, talents, and efforts towards the betterment of the St. Francis area.
The nominee does not have to work or live in St. Francis to qualify for this award. Nominations for the St. Francis Citizen of the Year Award are reviewed and voted upon by past recipients of this award. The Committee’s evaluation resulted in awarding a sister team, Diane Czeszak and Jean Freimuth the honor of St. Francis Citizen of the Year 2013.
Diane & Jean are the daughters of Alyce and the late Robert Freimuth. They are also the first children of a previous SF Citizen of the Year to receive this Honor. Robert Freimuth was selected in 1966.
Diane Czeszak has served as contestant coordinator for the Miss St. Francis Scholarship Pageant since 1978 and has been involved in the preparation for local and state pageants. She serves as chaperone and mentor to Miss St. Francis throughout her year of service. Diane is employed as Director of Research for the Benefit Services Group, Inc. She has served as a National Baton Twirling Judge and as the non-faculty advisor for the St. Francis High School Marinette Pom Pom Squad.
Jean Freimuth has served as Program Director for the Miss St Francis Scholarship Pageant since 1978 and is actively involved in St. Francis Days & is a founding member of the St. Francis Arts Council. Jean is an active volunteer, spending countless hours working for various St. Francis Community events. She is a retired MPS teacher.
The St. Francis Association of Commerce will honor Diane Czeszak and Jean Freimuth at a dinner on January 25, 2014 at Pulaski Inn, 3900 E. Pulaski Ave., Cudahy, WI 53110. Cash bar at 6:00 pm, Dinner 7:00 pm.
Reservations for dinner may be made by contacting Rick Wier at (414-935.6320) or the St. Francis City Hall at
(414-481-2300). Tickets will also be available at Associated Bank in St. Francis. Deadline for reservations is January 19, 2014. Cost: $30.00/dinner.
This is the 54th annual St. Francis Citizen of the Year Award.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival