The Knightwind Ensemble, Milwaukee’s premiere wind ensemble, presents their winter concert titled “American Composers”, under the direction of Dr. Erik N. Janners. The featured works in this performance include Tempered Steel (Young), New England Triptych (Schuman), Galactic Empires (Gillingham), and Elegy for A Young American (Lo Presti).
Sunday, February 2, 2014
South Milwaukee PAC (901-15th Avenue, South Milwaukee, WI)
General Admission/$15 - Seniors/Student/$12
Tickets may be purchased in advance at the South Milwaukee PAC by calling their box office at (414) 766-5049 or order online at http://www.southmilwaukeepac.org/. Tickets are also available at the door.
The Knightwind Ensemble has been performing for Milwaukee (WI) audiences for over five decades. Beginning in 1956 as a youth activity sponsored by the Milwaukee Elks Lodge No. 46, the group has evolved into Milwaukee's premiere adult wind band. Presenting substantive and challenging programs, the Knightwind Ensemble continually strives to bring high quality concert experiences to its audiences. In 2006, the Ensemble celebrated 50 years as a community organization. It is truly amazing that in the 50 year history, the organization has known only five musical directors: George Zoske, Jim Walker, Wayne Becker, John Steinke, and Erik Janners.
Dr. Erik Janners, Music Director and Conductor of the Knightwind Ensemble, is internationally recognized as a conductor, scholar and performer. He holds degrees in percussion and conducting from Alma College, the University of Utah, and the University of Alabama. In addition to his duties with Knightwind, Dr. Janners serves as the Director of Music at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a position he has held since 2007.
More information about the Knightwind Ensemble is available online at www.knightwind.org or follow us on Facebook.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival