Ron Winkler, author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at our next General Meeting, Tuesday, April 15. His talk was originally set for March but had to be rescheduled until next month.
Ron has just published another book, this time about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
This meeting is also our nominating meeting and we are seeking some candidates for board spots.
General meetings are held in the National Historical Landmark Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., and begin at 7 p.m. The event is free and everyone is invited.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival