The South Milwaukee Health Department will be offering two Parenting workshops, geared towards parents of 2 to 6 year olds, as a result of a parent survey conducted at Child Development Days in 2013.
Our first workshop “Healthy Bites for Healthy Kids,” will be offered this Saturday April 12, 2014 at the South Milwaukee Public Library, 1907 10th Avenue, South Milwaukee, 53172. This is a short workshop from 9:30am to 11:00am on how to prepare simple, healthy meals and snacks that children will love, presented by Michelle L. Lanser, a 4C- For Children Educator. Childcare will be provided as needed. All we ask is that you contact the Health Department ahead of time to register for the childcare at 414-768-8055. This workshop is FREE!
Our second workshop “Parenting with Love and Logic,” will be offered Saturday May 10, 2014 again at the South Milwaukee Public Library. This short workshop from 9:30am to 11:00am will be an overview presentation of Love and Logic for some of the most helpful parenting tips that you can go home and start using immediately! This FREE workshop will be presented by Jeanne Labana, PCI Certified Parent Coach. Childcare will again be provided as needed, please contact the Health Department ahead of time to register for the childcare at 414-768-8055.
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- Paul Degner, Elkhorn Area School District, Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- JB’s on 41 Raises Funds in August for Brightening Veterans Lives (BVL) Charity