The South Milwaukee Downtown Market is making a return trip to South Milwaukee High School for another indoor spring market.
The Spring Market is planned for Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. More than 50 vendors – including a number of regulars from the outdoor Downtown Market – gather to sell arts, crafts, organics, baked goods and other specialty items. The vendor stall space is full.
Prepared hot foods (gluten free and vegan options available) and a variety of live entertainment will be available in a special seating area.
“I’m glad we can make this terrific venue available for the Spring Market,” South Milwaukee School Superintendent Rita Olson said. “This is a perfect example of the types of community partnerships we’re trying to forge here.”
The South Milwaukee High School is located at 801 15th Avenue, between Rawson and College Avenues in the City of South Milwaukee. Ample parking is located east of the campus. Enter from the parkway.
2014 Summer Market Starts June 5
The outdoor South Milwaukee Downtown Market will open its summer season on Thursday, June 5. The season will conclude Oct. 9. Markets will be held every Thursday during those dates (except July 3) from 3 to 7 p.m.
“Our sixth outdoor season is going to be our best one yet,” said Market Chairman David Kieck, the former South Milwaukee mayor. “We have established ourselves as one of the top farmers’ markets in the area, and we’re proud to bring such a great event to downtown South Milwaukee every week.”
The summer markets are held on 11th Avenue south of Milwaukee Avenue. However, a road construction project will force a temporary relocation of the market during June and July of 2014. Stay tuned for details.
Vendor spaces remain for the summer market. Cost is $300 for the entire 19-week season, or $25 per week. Information on the South Milwaukee Downtown Market can be found at www.smmarket.org and on Facebook.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival