Janis Anderson, originally from South Milwaukee, was recognized by the University of Wisconsin - Division of University Housing on April 16, 2014 with the ROSE Award.
ROSE stands for “Recognition of Outstanding Student Employee.” The ROSE Awards recognizes the “unsung heroes and heroines” in the Division of University Housing Student Employment. The award seeks to recognize employees who share the following qualities: esteem from peers; acceptance of responsibility beyond the limits of their job descriptions; sustained, extraordinary achievement of assigned tasks; performance recognition from customers; self-improvement; and the ability to overcome obstacles to performance.
The ROSE Award is presented to only the top-performing one percent student employees each academic year. Supervisors nominate student employees for this award based on their overall work performance and individual contributions to the division. The award recipients were selected from a distinguished group of nominees.
University Housing, a Division of the University of Wisconsin–Madison, is a self-funded, multi-faceted organization. Employing nearly 400 full-time staff and about 2,000 student employees, the division has a long tradition of providing quality housing options to students. The University Residence Halls provide home to over 7,400 undergraduate students during the academic year, and University Apartments provide community living to 4,000 graduate students, student families, academic staff, and faculty. University Housing also provides a nationally-recognized Dining & Culinary Services program, as well as conference operations throughout the summer.
- Hartford UHS Team Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- Paul Degner, Elkhorn Area School District, Wins Safety Room Challenge at Muskego High School
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- JB’s on 41 Raises Funds in August for Brightening Veterans Lives (BVL) Charity