SRP 2014 Press Release
Young readers of all ages will be creating sparks at St. Francis Library this summer. The library will present its summer reading programs “Fizz, Boom, Read!” (for kids), and “Spark a Reaction” (for teens), and both can register starting June 2. The library cares about your children and has planned programs to keep them reading and learning all summer. Kids and teens can keep their reading skills and minds active all summer, and earn prizes. Activities will include storytimes, book discussions, crafts, and performers. We’re planning special fun this year, such as science experiments, robot building, kitchen chemistry, nature explorations, and more. Look for a shark week, a plush pet show, mythbusters, an invention convention, making snow in summer, and more! Kids and teens can “read off their fines” during the week of June 16-20 by signing up in the Youth Room. You can win prizes in a weekly treasure hunt, and enter drawings for checking out books. Teens have their own program, with reading for prizes and activities including zombies, pizza tasting, Alka-Seltzer rockets, ghost hunter science, Fear Factor, crafts, Protect Your Peeps, and more.
More information is available on the library’s website at www.stfrancislibrary.org. You can also pick up a flyer at the library, located at 4230 S. Nicholson Ave. in St. Francis, or call (414) 481-7323. All programs are free of charge.
- First Day of School for St. Francis School District
- Railway Adventure Trip
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board