Help patients in need and receive vouchers for a Brewers game
Milwaukee, Wis. – August 12, 2014 – BloodCenter of Wisconsin is offering donors an opportunity to have fun at the ballpark, and come to the rescue for patients in need at its 13th annual Big League Blood Drive. The two-day drive will be held Tuesday, August 26, and Wednesday, August 27, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Miller Park, 1 Brewers Way.
As a small token of thanks for their life-saving gifts, all attempting donors will receive a voucher for two tickets to one of the following Milwaukee Brewers games:
• Thursday, September 4 vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:10 p.m.
• Wednesday, September 10 vs. Miami Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
As a special treat for donors this year, the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages™ will visit the blood drive from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. each day. Donors are invited to take photos.
Complimentary parking and childcare will be provided, as well as refreshments. The entrance for the blood drive is located at the Miller Park Hot Corner at T.G.I. Fridays.
The Big League Blood Drive supports BloodCenter’s donation efforts going into Labor Day weekend, when the need for blood tends to increase. BloodCenter hopes to see more than 1,000 donors during the two-day drive to meet the needs of the patients it serves. Patients like James.
James Foucault of Delavan is turning 8 this year, a milestone he is able to celebrate thanks to blood donors. Blood transfusions saved the day for James during three open heart surgeries to correct congenital heart defects. Then in 2013, James learned he had Burkett’s Lymphoma. He received blood during surgery and throughout aggressive chemotherapy treatments. But James is a fighter — and cancer free since January of 2014!
Donors can come to the rescue for other children like James. Schedule an appointment by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376), visiting www.bcw.edu/bigleague or m.bcw.edu on their mobile device. Appointments are preferred to ensure a quick and convenient donation, but walk-ins are also welcome. Donors should bring a photo ID that includes birth date.
Anyone 16 or older who is in general good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate. The entire process takes about an hour.
About BloodCenter of Wisconsin
BloodCenter of Wisconsin is a not-for-profit organization that specializes in blood services, organ, tissue and marrow donation, diagnostic testing, medical services and leading-edge research. BloodCenter of Wisconsin is the only provider of blood to hospitals in 29 Wisconsin counties as well as providing support to hospitals and patients across the country. BloodCenter of Wisconsin advances patient care by delivering life-saving solutions grounded in unparalleled medical and scientific expertise. For more information, visit www.bcw.edu.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar