Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin was honored Tuesday with the highest award given by the Better Business Bureau for ethics and integrity – the Torch Award. The Foundation was one of four winners and 14 finalists, including non-profits and businesses from across the state of Wisconsin. Applicants were measured against four criteria: ethics, excellence, fairness and responsibility; demonstrating excellence in ethical practices, service excellence, reputation, honest advertising, peer recognition, management practices and employee training in ethical behavior.
“The Torch Award is one of the highest honors we could have received,” said Foundation president, Patti Gorsky. “We take the stewardship of our mission and the resources necessary to complete it very seriously. This award affirms all that we do day in and day out to make wishes come true with the utmost of integrity.”
The Torch Awards luncheon was held at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, where more than 300 members of the Wisconsin business community listened to keynote speaker Willie Davis, President/Owner of All Pro Broadcasting and member of the Pro Football and Packer Hall of Fame. Davis spoke about the importance of being trustworthy in everything one does throughout their lives.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, enriching their lives with hope, strength and joy. The Foundation is celebrating its 25th birthday throughout 2009 and has granted more than 3,600 wishes since its inception in 1984. In fiscal year 2009, the Foundation granted a record-breaking 289 wishes. The Foundation is completely privately funded, relying on the gifts and support of individuals, groups, corporations, foundations, etc. Currently, over 200 Wisconsin children are in the process of having their wishes granted. For more information about the Foundation, please call 262.781.4445 or 800.236.WISH in Wisconsin or visit wisconsin.wish.org.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar