“Hanging of the Greens”
At St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Cudahy
The old tradition of decorating the church with live greens by children and adults is still alive at St. Mark’s in Cudahy. Community members are invited to be part of the tradition at 4 P.M. on Sunday, December 6, at 3515 E. Van Norman Avenue. You will be part of and witness to the decorating of the Christmas tree with Chrismons and lights. Fresh evergreen garlands will be brought in and draped above the side stained glass windows of the church. All this will be done to help celebrate in music and song the birth of Jesus, the true meaning of Christmas. Children will bring in Christmas plants and poinsettias to enhance and beautify the sanctuary.
As in the past, three musical groups will witness to the coming of Christmas through the Cathedral choir, Hand bell choir, and Children’s choir. Instruments such as pipe organ, piano, guitar and bells will offer sacred music for the Christmas season.
Various explanations of the church decorations will punctuate the musical selections. The program will end with prayer and anticipation of the coming of the Christ child. Members and guests are invited to the church hall after the one hour program for some good old St. Mark’s fellowship.
The church is located on the corner of Van Norman and Kingan Avenues on the north side of Cudahy. You will be sure to enjoy our 21st program of “The Hanging of the Greens”.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival