Homeowners eager to pay their property taxes should be able to do so within the next few days. Property tax bills are hitting the mail, after the Cudahy Clerk Treasurer’s Office determined the tax rate for 2009.
The rate per thousand dollars of evaluation has decreased from 2008 by three cents. The 2009 tax rate is $24.13 per $1,000. On the average home of $160,000, this should reflect a decrease in your net taxes of approximately $25.
“The City of Cudahy worked really hard to hold the line on property taxes while still maintaining the quality services that residents expect,” said Mayor Ryan McCue. “We’re so pleased that homeowners will be able to keep a little more money in their pockets this holiday season.”
City Clerks offer these helpful tips for residents planning to come to City Hall to pay their property tax bills:
• Have your check filled out before you come to City Hall
• Put your tax key number or parcel number on your check
• Bring your tax bill or a copy of your bill with you
• Pay your water bill and/or pet license fee with a separate check
In an ongoing effort to conserve money, City Hall will NOT be open for tax collection on New Year’s Eve day. Homeowners are asked to place payments in the night depository box at City Hall. Payments in the box will be considered paid on December 31st.
Several financial institutions in Cudahy also will accept property tax payments. For a complete list, as well as instructions on how to make installment payments, visit the City of Cudahy’s website, www.cudahy-wi-gov, and click on “Property Tax Info.”
If you need further assistance, call the City of Cudahy Treasurer’s office at 769-2204 or 769-2203.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival