It's "movie time" at St. Ann Center. If you were here you would come upon a group of people watching a movie on a large-screen TV– Finding Nemo. The colorful schools of fish on the screen complement the people of all ages and abilities in the room – not only children, but elderly people and people with disabilities. All of these different groups of people gather in front of the TV like an extended family. One might think: “St. Ann Center is a place like no other.”
Sights like this, as common as they are at St. Ann's, never cease to amaze visitors. Everyday brings something unique that can easily be taken for granted. One wonders, "Why do we live in ways that separate us from one another? Why doesn't everyone want to be like this?" It may not be typical for every family to include children, elderly and people with disabilities, yet that's what is special about St. Ann Center. It's "a place for all ages." That's what intergenerational means. It blends programs under one roof for children and adults.
St. Ann Center is located at 2801 E. Morgan Avenue. For more information call (414) 977-5000 or go online at: www.stanncenter.org
- BBB Tips to Ensure Wise Giving on Memorial Day
- BBB Tip: 6 Tips for Trusting Your Tax Preparer
- BBB Offers Tips for Hearts and Wallets this Valentine’s Day
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- You Have an Unpaid Debt – or Do You?
- As Valentine’s Day Approaches, Beware of “Catfishing” when Dating Online
- BBB Advice on Making 2015 a Debt-Free Year
- This Veterans Day, BBB Reminds you to be Aware of Military Scams and Fake Charities
- BBB Warns of Scammers Targeting Taxpayers
- Better Business Bureau Offers Safe and Cost-Efficient Ways to Winterize Your Home