Attending free sessions of fitness boot camp, the exercise phenomenon that’s been popping up around the country, is a smart way to sample before signing up for a full program. To give the curious a chance to “weigh in” before taking the leap, Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp (MABC) will host free one-hour sessions once a month at South Shore Park in Bay View, announced MABC coach Amy Friese.
The next free camp will be held Saturday, May 15 from 7-8 a.m. Free camps are coed, and everyone should bring a mat, weights and water. Participants must pre- register either online at www.milwaukeebootcamp.com, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call ( 414) 881-5348.
“It’s no surprise that boot camp has become such a popular choice,” said Friese. “We cover all the elements of a complete workout – cardiovascular and strength training, toning exercises and stretching – all in one hour. Plus we make sure our camps provide a fun group experience, personal attention and activities that allow campers to work out at their own fitness levels. Free camps let participants sample the full program.”
The American Council on Exercise (ACE), America’s leading authority on fitness, announced boot camp as one of the top 10 fitness trends for 2010, citing its efficiency in burning calories and improving muscular fitness.
About Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp
Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp, a complete fitness program that runs year-round both indoors and outside, has class locations in Milwaukee, Bay View and Elm Grove/Brookfield. Since its first camp in February 2008, MABC has worked with over a thousand campers, most of them repeat participants due do the program’s high level of success and fun. The exercise regimen includes weight training, cardio games and drills, core training with elements of yoga and Pilates, and other cardio conditioning and full-body muscle-strengthening aspects; a nutritional component also plays a very strong role in the program, along with strong coaching support. MABC, a division of A-List Fitness, is the only Better Business Bureau-accredited fitness boot camp in Milwaukee and the state.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar