Come celebrate America’s largest annual Polish festival June 18-20, 2010 at the Summerfest Grounds—Henry W. Maier Festival Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
This year, Polish Fest is continuing “50 cent Friday.” From noon until 5:00 p.m., festival admission is only 50 cents, and after 5 p.m. admission is $5.00. Guests will enjoy a weekend of great non-stop cultural entertainment and a variety of Polish foods.
There will be an array of different musical performances by bands such as multi-Grammy Award Winner Jimmy Sturr, jazz singer Grazyna Auguscik, contemporary Polish band Megitza Quartet and more. Radio Disney will also be at the festival on Sunday for children’s entertainment.
Attend the Sobieski Vodka – Spirits Tasting at the festival. For only $12, you can learn about the differences in the vodkas and meads and receive a tasting of each. What a great way to learn and experience the quality beverages of Poland!
Throughout the weekend you will find a nice balance of Polish and Polish American entertainment for the entire family. Visit our Cultural Village, which will pay tribute to two musical giants – Fryderyk Chopin and Ignacy Paderewski. This year marks Chopin’s 200th birthday and the 150th anniversary of Paderewski’s birth. Polish Fest celebrates the occasion with a multimedia presentation on Chopin and a special exhibit on Paderewski, courtesy of the Polish Music center at the University of Southern California.
Don’t miss out on the Children’s play area which will have crafts, games and more! Learn Polish with the Rojek Band on the Children’s stage on Friday at 5:00 p.m. and Saturday at 3:00 p.m. And make sure to see our Sukiennice Marketplace to buy authentic Polish crafts and items.
This year, Polish Fest is honored to be joined by the Most Rev. Jerome E. Listecki, Archbishop of Milwaukee, for the Annual Polish Fest Mass. Reduced admission is available to those attending Sunday morning mass at 10:15 a.m. at the Cultural Stage. Gates open at 9:30 a.m. and will close promptly at 11 a.m. Those attending mass will be admitted into Polish Fest for only $4 following the mass.
Ticket prices are $10 in advance and for seniors and $12 at the gate. Children 15 and under are free with an adult admission. To purchase advance tickets or to request a brochure, please call the Polish Fest office at 414-529-2140, or visit us online at www.polishfest.org.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar