National Night Out in Cudahy Includes Long List of Safety Demonstrations, Displays, Food and Fun
A full summer of free, family-focused events continues in Cudahy with National Night Out on Thursday, August 5, 2010.
Not only will residents get safety tips and information about crime and drug prevention, but they’ll also enjoy demonstrations and displays by the Cudahy Police Department, Fire Department and others, as well as children’s games, entertainment and food.
Cudahy Police Officer Robert Jachowicz leads the committee that plans National Night Out in Cudahy. He says this event is a fun way to arm people with the information they need to protect themselves and their community.
“It’s important that citizens be pro-active and rally together against crime,” Officer Jachowicz said. “And it’s never too early to start teaching children about personal safety, the dangers of drugs and alcohol and how to avoid becoming victims.”
National Night Out in Cudahy is scheduled for Thursday, August 5, 2010 from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. in the Library Municipal Parking Lot, located at the intersection of Packard and Munkwitz Avenues.
The annual event follows four weeks of family movie nights in June, the City’s first-class 4th of July festivities and an International Cycling Classic bicycle race downtown. It’s all part of an increased effort to encourage community involvement in Cudahy.
“Activities like these go a long way toward bringing neighborhoods together,” said Mayor Tony Day. “We’re proud of everything we’ve done over the last several months to build a greater sense of unity in Cudahy.”
National Night Out in Cudahy will feature:
• “Ezzo” and the Cudahy Police Department’s K-9 Unit
• Cudahy P.D.’s Tactical Unit
• Cudahy Fire Department ladder truck and Jaws of Life
• Survive Alive House
• Children’s bounce house
• Bike safety checks, helmet fittings and a bike rodeo
• Milwaukee Police Department “Bearcat” armored assault vehicle
• Mounted patrol from the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Department
• U.S. Coast Guard helicopter
• Officials from the 128th Air National Guard and the U.S. Army, Marines and Navy
• Custom vehicle display
• Cudahy High School Pom Pon Squad and C.H.S. Cheerleading Squad
• Hair painting by Cost Cutters
• Food tents including pizza, Mexican cuisine and sandwiches
National Night Out events take place in cities around the country in an effort to spread information about crime and drug prevention; generate support for local anti-crime programs; strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships and send a message to criminals that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- Cudahy National Night Out Thursday August 4th
- Return to Packard Avenue celebration part of Cudahy National Night Oout
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival