The Franklin Lioness Club’s annual Autumn Craft Fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23, at the Oak Creek Campus of Milwaukee Area Technical College, 6665 S. Howell Ave. More than 70 exhibitors will sell wooden and metal crafts, needlework, hand-woven basketry, floral designs, hand-sewn clothing, folk-painted items and much more.
Admission is $1 (free for children under 12). There will be refreshments and baked goods for sale. Proceeds support scholarships for MATC associate degree students and others. For more information, please call (414) 421-1041.
The largest technical college in the state, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of the economy in southeastern Wisconsin. MATC offers 200 degrees, diplomas, certificates and apprenticeships, plus nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees. A large pre- college program enables people to complete high school and prepare for higher learning. The Office of Corporate Learning provides customized training to incumbent workers. About 48,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses, numerous evening centers and community-based sites, or learn online. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses right here at home. Visit www.matc.edu.
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- Added Yoga Classes at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Health Department Awarded Grant
- Update on Cudahy resurfacing projects, various locations
- Pabst program at the Cudahy Family Library Cancelled
- Gifts for All Women at Worship
- Come to the Cudahy Family Library in May to learn all about the Pabst Family
- Thank you from John Hohenfeldt
- Cudahy Financing Package saves more than anticipated
- St. John's 110th Anniversary Celebrates Slovak Heritage