Are you a parent of a pre-teen or teenage son or daughter in today’s high tech world? At times do you struggle with knowing how to talk to your kids about safe internet and cell phone use? Do you also struggle as to how to talk to your child about the messages your child is exposed to from commercials, gaming and adult topics? The Bay View Community Center, 1320 E. Oklahoma Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207 will be hosting the workshop “Common Sense Media: Keep Your Kids Safe & Responsible with Media Use” for parents on Wednesday, March 10 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Cost is $5 a couple. Advance registration is recommended to ensure a spot in this workshop.
Jeanne Koehler, PCI Certified Parent Coach® Phoenix Parent Coaching, will open discussion about how kids today are bombarded and exposed to a variety of media influences at a very early age and how as a result they can be heavily influenced by the sometimes negative and overly adult messages they bring. She will lead our discussion on practical advice on how to keep your kids safe and responsible with media use like internet, cell phone, video games etc.
Being prepared and comfortable to address these influences will make your parenting that much easier. Coffee and cookies provided. Registration in person or by phone (414) 482-1000. Join the discussion today!
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- Added Yoga Classes at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Health Department Awarded Grant
- Update on Cudahy resurfacing projects, various locations
- Pabst program at the Cudahy Family Library Cancelled
- Gifts for All Women at Worship
- Come to the Cudahy Family Library in May to learn all about the Pabst Family
- Thank you from John Hohenfeldt
- Cudahy Financing Package saves more than anticipated
- St. John's 110th Anniversary Celebrates Slovak Heritage